Sunday, March 12, 2006

Babies, babies, babies!

Has it been a week since I've last updated this ol' blog? It's been a busy week. I'm in the process of putting video footage of my niece Alexis on to DVD for our family to enjoy. There is 7+ hours of footage to sort through, so if I haven't updated in a while, you'll understand why!

She'll be turning 1 in a month, and looking back on all this footage, it's hard to believe how quickly it's gone by, and how much she's grown. It seems like just yesterday she was as tiny as she is here in the photo of her and her handsome uncle. He's so cute!!! (She's adorable too!) Alexis makes the effort of raising children seem easy - I'm not sure I've ever seen her act out, and she rarely cries or screams. When she was born, she let out a peep or two, and then just calmly sat in her mother's arms and looked out on her new family. All the other babies in the hospital could be heard wailing like banshees - not this one!

Also on this front, my best friend Dan Steffler and his lovely wife Lyndsay gave birth to a beautiful baby girl Friday morning. His email to me read, "Well there comes a time in every mans life when he has to throw his hands up and say holy c**p what do I do now?????". I think he's handling fatherhood very well!

And, when May comes around, my cousin Laura and her man Tyler will be giving birth to a bouncing baby boy! It seems everyone I know is having kids these days - can the time be near for Cat and I?

Currently playing: Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On

1 comment:

cat yaciuk said...

hey - who you callin' young?!