Thursday, April 06, 2006

Portrait of the artist as a young rapscallion.

The summer of 1994 was, for an impossibly large number of reasons, THE worst summer of my life. One bright spot, however, was my second full time job, pumping gas at Gord's Convenience Store, with my good friend, Claire Compton. We had a lot of fun there, and the rest of the staff were great.

We'd always joked about doing a "Men of Gord's" calendar. It really would have been a quarterly calendar, since there were only 3 men who worked there (Excluding Gord - however, as nice of a man he was, you wouldn't want to see him in this publication).

I'd completely forgotten about this idea, until I was reminded of it a few years ago by Claire, who had found the photos after almost a decade. Against better judgement, I'm sharing them on this blog. I've got a bad feeling that these pics are going to rear their ugly heads when I make my run for School Board Trustee, so I'd best come clean with them now!

I'm not sure who was manning the gas pumps this evening, where I got the tiger print satin boxers, where my hair went, or how many years it took for me to learn that white socks are a fashion faux pas, but it was a fun night in a pretty bleak summer.

Thanks to Claire for being the custodian of these photos all this time, and for not using them for blackmail purposes!

Currently playing: Bulletboys - Smooth Up In Ya

No comments: