Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Don Adams 1923 - 2005

Don Adams, star of "Check It Out", "Inspector Gadget", and a little known show titled "Get Smart", passed away on Sunday.

I am reminded of a conversation my friend Troy Scott had with Don Adams about 5 years ago. He was the producer of a talk radio show, and had lined up Don Adams for an interview. During a commercial break, he told Mr. Adams that it was an honour to be speaking to the voice of Inspector Gadget himself, and asked him what it was like to work on such a cool show. Slightly embarrassed, Don Adams replied that he'd never seen an episode of Inpector Gadget, and had essentially read all his lines for the entire series in a single sitting.

It is amusing to me that I spent 3 years of my youth running home to watch that show, and for the man behind the character, it was a day of work and a paycheque.

Currently playing: Kansas - Dust In The Wind

No comments: