Monday, September 26, 2005

The world's largest jackanape

http://dictionary.com/ defines a jackanape as follows:
jackanape s \Jack"a*napes\, n. an impertinent or conceited fellow.

I've never watched a game of poker on TV in my life, but this weekend it happened to catch a tournament. Here, I found the world's largest jackanape, and his name is Tony G. I challenge anyone to find a more uncouth, ill mannered, inaffable miscreant on television. He provoked such disgust in me, that with his defeat, I was inspired to attempt cartwheels in the middle of my mother's living room as an expression of my joy and satisfaction. But damned if somewhere in between his boastful taunts and boorish behaviour, he managed to get me to watch a game of poker on television - something I swore I would never do for fear of lapsing into a boredom induced coma. You have got to give a guy like that credit. If ever you get the chance to see this *ss, give hime 10 minutes of your time. You will be severely entertained (and angry).

For the curious, his official website is: http://www.tonygpoker.com/

On a happier note, Cat and I were in Dauphin this weekend for the wedding of David "Archie" Boyechko and his darling new wife Karla. I've known Dave since 1984 (!!!), so it was real special to see my childhood friend finally get married. I say finally, as the two of them have been engaged longer then I've known my wife! David holds the record for the person with whom I've had the longest phone conversation (3.5 hours, we were in grade 7, and I'm sure it was about girls). It was a great time (the wedding, not the phone conversation).

Currently playing: Doug and the Slugs - Day By Day

No comments: