Thursday, July 27, 2006

Not Washing Machine Safe

Last weekend, I inadvertently included my car stereo faceplate in a load of laundry. I can't argue that it now looks really clean and shiny, however, it is now stuck on one radio station.

No CDs. No FM. Just The Greatest Oldies of all Time, 1290 CFRW.

I drive a 1995 Pontiac Firebird that I've affectionately named the Mullet-mobile. The windows don't roll down, it leaks oil, and now to top it all off, it only plays The Mamas and the Papas, Anne Murray, and Winnipeg Goldeyes games.
During my drive to work this morning, my Firebird and I were forced to listen to some crooning by Englebert Humperdink (The cheesy singer, not the famous Opera singer, and yes, I'm as surprised as you are that there are actually TWO Englebert Humperdinks). I'm in dire straits here!

I've written a letter to Pioneer, to inform them of my experience, and to recommend a few changes that, in the end, I believe will make them a better company.

Dear Mr. Pioneer,

I recently washed my stereo faceplate in my washing machine. It was an accident that happened late one evening. Now it is stuck on an AM radio station that plays Englebert Humperdink.

I'm not "angry" or "upset" with your or your company. But I think if you placed a warning label on the box, I may have remembered to not accidentally place my faceplate in my washer. It doesn't have to be big or large, just a "not washing machine safe" disclaimer. I have seen many Beanie Babies with "washing machine safe" labels, so I know it can be done. Even if it was in small print, so you can protect yourself from someone who may get "angry" or "upset" that they washed their faceplate.

I'm not "angry" or "upset". But I think that someone could be.

Thank you for making quality products.

Ed


I'll let you know if they respond!

Currently playing - Motherlode - When I Die
Currently colouring: Chronicles of Conan Volume 11
Now entering my one-hundred and fourth Cola free day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And yet, you failed to request that someone put a label on Englebert Humperdink, whether it has anything to do with machine washable or not.