Monday, October 30, 2006

Kids say the darndest things

It's been a busy October, what with taking care of Cat and what not, so I've not posted anything in a while. We've been pretty busy!

On October 21st, we traveled to Dauphin to attend the wedding of an old friend, Jason Beyette. The wedding was a veritable cornucopia of Dauphin's who's who. I heard an estimate that there were around 450 people there - pretty much half the town!

Out of all the people there, I think my favourite was the little girl in front of me at the church. As the lovely bride began her walk down the aisle, this girl, who couldn't have been more than 6 years old, stood up on the pews to get a glimpse. Her comments as the bride passed were quite possibly the funniest thing I've heard from a youngster in years. Her voice was quiet enough that her mother didn't hear her, but loud enough for my friend Claire and I to make out:

Holy sh*t, that's a long dress!

Six years old.

Priceless.

And Jason, if you're reading this, I'm sorry - I have NO idea who the little girl was who said that.

I think this post is the closest thing I have ever written to an entry for Reader's Digest's "Laughter is the Best Medicine" column!

Currently playing - Republica - Ready To Go
Now entering my two hundredth Cola free day!

No comments: