Friday, January 12, 2007

So THAT'S what that song is about!

While not one of my "Desert Island" tracks, I still have to admit that David Wilcox's "Layin Pipe" is a great song. The lyrics are what really get me, along with all the tongue in cheek innuendos and double entendres within.

I first heard this song when I was 13. It's embarrassing to admit, but for years I mistakenly thought the song was about sex! Turns out it's really about construction work!

Ah, the naivety of youth. To be that innocent again...

Currently playing - Tegan and Sara - Walking With A Ghost
Now entering my two-hundred and seventy-fifth Cola free day!

2 comments:

Brian Cronin said...

I sent you an e-mail, but it bounced back.

Anonymous said...

Zush says:

Amazing that you've kicked the cola habit for that long! I'm closing in on 90 days myself!

But think of what impact we're having on those Coca-Cola fat cats!