Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm In Love With My Car (Vancouver 2006)

It's no secret, I'm a huge fan of the rock group Queen.

One year ago tonight, my cousin Scott and I, along with a few other friends, got to see the remaining members of Queen play live in Vancouver. (See my post from last year, titled "I can die a happy man.")

It was awesome.

I just found a video on YouTube from that night - Below, I present to you, Queen's I'm In Love With My Car, from the last show of Queen+Paul Rodgers 2006 tour, April 13, 2006. (I'm sitting just to the right of the stage - you'd see me in the video if the lights were on!)



I'd been waiting for this song all evening. In my teens, I'd seen a video of Roger Taylor's performance of this song from Montreal that inspired me to play drums. I've found that particular video on YouTube as well, and have included it below. (The sound and video are out of sync in points) It was the coolest drum performance my teenaged eyes had ever seen. Pretty much every lesson I've learned on the drums came from watching Roger Taylor videos.



Currently playing - Queen - Get Down, Make Love (live)
Now entering my three-hundred and sixty-fifth Cola free day!

No comments: