Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Running on empty

Just my luck. My 1995 Pontiac Firebird ran out of gas this morning.

On the plus side, I'd just dropped our 19 month old daughter at day care, so I should consider myself lucky that she wasn't stuck in this predicament with me. My day would have been pretty challenging if I'd had to try to lug a toddler around with me trying to find gas.

The bad thing? Check out the below map, courtesy of Google Maps. (Which is the best! True that! Double true!)
My car died at the spot labelled "A".

The gas station? The one institution that could possibly help me in this crisis? Well, that's labelled "B".

One hundred and fourteen feet away. (Thanks Google Maps!)

Sigh. I had to get an attendant from the Petro Canada gas station to help me get it across the busy intersection during morning rush hour before the light changed. It wasn't a lot of fun, but in hindsight it could have been a lot worse. I could have died a few kilometres away instead!

It just seems like a kick in the teeth from an iron boot to be so close to a gas station and run out of gas.

Currently playing: Running on empty - Jackson Browne
Proudly in my fourth Cola free year!

No comments: