Monday, October 26, 2009

Not Applicable! Our home and native land!

I have been a little absent from this blog for the last couple of weeks. I've been tied up colouring a project for Dark Horse comics - I'll post some preview pics when the book gets announced, but for now, it'll have to remain under wraps!

I've also been busy working towards getting certificates in Web Site Development and Digital A/V Production from Red River College. I've been involved in web design for over a decade now, but am completely self taught, so I figured it can't hurt to get some form of paperwork proving that I know my stuff! I just wrapped up Graphic Design, which was actually fairly challenging, and Flash Level 1, which I did with my eyes closed and one hand tied behind my back.

And just my luck, it looks like Red River might have an opening for a new Webmaster, after the person who made the following registration form on their website gets fired. While filling out my address on their site, I was given two choices for what country I lived in.

West St. Paul isn't even a country, its actually a Rural Municipality north of Winnipeg, so I had no choice but to choose "Not Applicable". I immediately went to the phone book to find their local embassy to apply for dual citizenship, so I could continue my education!

Currently playing: Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
Currently colouring: A yet-to-be-solicited project from Dark Horse Comics!!!
Proudly in my fourth Cola free year!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! That's awesome! Even though that was an obvious screw up, I've been to plenty of sites that claim they ship to Canada but fail to have it as an option on their web forms. Fail, I say. Fail! Congrats on your courses, though! That's fantastic! Web design is always fun.