Thursday, November 12, 2009

When death is preferable to meetings...

My desk at home is a pigsty, so I've spent the last couple of days just cleaning up, organizing, and throwing out stuff I don't need.

I came across some minutes from a 5 year old meeting from hell from some freelance work I was involved in. You know the ones, where some clown is using a laser pointer to point things out on screen that is well within his reach, trying to be display his mastery over red-pen-light technology. Or the big talking hotshot throwing around cliched buzzwords like "synergy", "value added", "Web 2.0", and "Cross-platform intelligence chain", whatever THAT might be.

The part of the meeting that was relevant to my work had long passed. The remainder of this meeting was so drawn out that I began amusing myself by drawing a stick figure who considered his own death might be preferable to spending another minute in this hell hole.

It grew from there.

I present to you, "Six Ways to End This Meeting".

Currently playing: Bricklin - She's Not My Girl
Proudly in my fourth Cola free year!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I know exactly what those meetings are like!