Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Bork bork bork.

The Swedish Chef is probably one of my favourite muppets. Yeah, his Dalecarlian Bork-bork-borking is a one trick pony, i know, but it was funny as a kid, and it still entertains me today.

Little did I know how how prevalent the "bork" sound was in Sweden!

To set the scene, arrogant golfer Tiger Woods is married to a Swede, Elin Holmberg. They're in the midst of a family crisis, and Erin's mother, Barbro, came to the US to support her daughter. Turns out she's also the County Governor for Gävleborg. Barbro's spokeswoman's name is Eva Malmborg.

Got all that?

Now read the following sentence out loud, taken from the Yahoo News article, Tiger Woods' mother-in-law admitted to hospital for stomach pain after 911 call.

Note the bolded borgs. Er... I mean bits.

"Malmborg confirmed Holmberg had taken a week's leave from her job as Gavleborg county governor in central-east Sweden, but said she did not know where Holmberg had gone."

It's pretty hard to read that news article without picturing it being delivered by the Swedish Chef! I used to think that his "borks" were a rather extreme caricature, but now I'm not so sure!

Currently playing: Kim Mitchell - All We Are
Proudly in my fourth Cola free year!

No comments: