Thursday, December 17, 2009

An odd trend in album covers

I was walking through HMV last night while Christmas shopping, and noticed an odd trend with some of the top selling CDs on sale right now.

In every cover, the performers hands are either framing their face or touching it in some way.

Every album looks like it's paying homage to Phil Collins, whose album covers consistently featured his charming mug staring back at you.

Check these out!

Rihanna - Rated R
Michael Bublé - Crazy Love
Adam Lambert - For Your EntertainmentSusan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream
Strange, isn't it?

If I owned a record store, or whatever the kids are calling them these days, I'd strategically place all the unsold stock I had of the Home Alone soundtrack close to the CDs above to capitalize on this trend! An opportunity to sell 20 year old stock that's been collecting dust in the back room only comes along once every two decades or so!
Currently playing: Harry Connick Jr. - She Belongs To Me
Proudly in my fourth Cola free year!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha! Brilliant marketing strategy!

p.s. I am in love with your song choice.