Friday, October 14, 2005

Redrum. Redrum. Redrum.


The first (and last) time I dared to watch Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, I was in my University days. It truly is one of the most suspenseful horror films ever created, and left me with such an incredibly disturbed feeling that I vowed to never watch it again. Then, I came across this...

http://www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING%20FINAL.mov

In the actual film, every surreal second is dripping with ugly tension. In this "slightly reworked" movie trailer, scenes from the film re-cut to pass it off as a "dramedy".

It's amazing to me how the images and scenes that inspired such dread in me the first time I saw the film, can be taken out of context and woven into something else entirely. (I suppose the soundtrack, and the archetypal "movie trailer narrator" tone helps ease the fear a bit too...;)

If you enjoyed that, there is also the (in my opinion, less successful) "Titanic as horror movie" trailer. http://www.ps260.com/elfollador/Scary%20Titanic.mov.

Currently playing: Bulletboys - Smooth Up In Ya

No comments: