Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Jesus ate my hot blog

Marian apparitions are events in which the Virgin Mary is purported to have supernaturally appeared to one or more persons, typically but not always Christians, often Catholics in various settings.

One of the most famous Marian apparitions occurred in Fatima, Portugal. Our Lady of Fatima appeared to three young sheperds and revealed to them three secrets in the form of prophecies. The first secret was a vision of Hell (with a Capital H!). The second secret included instructions on how to save souls from Capital H Hell, and reconvert the world to Christianity. The third secret predicted the 1981 assassination attempt on Pope John Paul.

Well, this morning, I typed in the address of this, my own personal blog, and encountered the following.



Now, check the address bar in this screenshot - it says yaciuk.blogspot.com!!!! AmazingBibleStudies (spaces between words have been omitted to stay faithful to this source material) has hijacked my site!

Now trust me, as a person who has used Photoshop nearly EVERY day for the last 9 years, I'll tell you that this would be an incredibly easy picture to fake. But I swear on my grandmother's bingo dabbers that this is an authentic screenshot. The fact that I, a raconteur who would be able to fake this screenshot while blindfolded, am vowing that it is true, can only validate it's authenticity.

In accordance with naming conventions for Marian apparitions, I've called this Our Lady of yaciuk.blogspot.com (please note that the Catholic Church has yet to confirm this apparition.) . She has revealed to me that we all must enroll in these AmazingBibleStudies! !!!

Ok, maybe it's not a legit apparition. But it is a legit screenshot - this did happen! This "mega-site" (as it refers to itself) hijacked my blog this morning! Did anyone else experience this today? Perhaps you are experiencing it right now, and can't even see this message!!!! What am I to do? How can I possibly win against the power of Jesus? If he wants my blog, who am I to say no?

Currently playing: The sounds of Cat and I playing MSN Minesweeper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you hand-type in your blog info?

err..you have heard of 'bookmarks', right :)

And yet if you google 'Donovan Yaciuk Bible Studies', you don't really get much of anything.

Perhaps, while the Catholic Church is trying to co-opt your name (for some future skullduggery), the Council on Foreign Relations (or, perhaps, the Illuminati) are fighting back, erasing your name from existance, resulting in a stalemate that can only be resolved by Art Bell.


...uhhhhhhhh, maybe Paul Harvey instead.

Say, you don't suppose that Bell actually works for the CoFR and Harvey works for the Illuminati, do you? Battling each other, trying to use your good name at cross-purposes, each building a better time machine in their attic...