Thursday, January 01, 2009

For future reference...

Happy New Year everyone!

Cat and I spent the day taking down our Griswold-style Christmas decorations down around the house. It all came down in record time this year!

Every year, the tree gives me the most grief. It's one of those pre-lit trees, that comes with the (non-energy efficient) light strands already woven into the branches, which sounds pretty handy until you realize that in the time it takes you to figure out which plugs go where you could have put up a big old fashioned strand of lights yourself!

Well, I'm not going to take it anymore. This year, I finally got smart, and labeled every strand with a letter and number. After doing so, I realized that even with my labeling system in place (which makes no sense now that I look at it again) I knew I'd still have trouble getting it together next year. So I took a photo of the mess for future reference.

And knowing full well that I will lose that photo between now and next year, I decided I'd post it up here on my blog for safekeeping.

Here's what I deal with every year.
Eight plugs in all (there's three in the background in the lower left, plus the main mess).

So please, if you notice a post in mid December 2009 where I'm claiming I can't get my tree up and running, someone please direct me to this post.

I know I'll have forgotten where I put that picture!

Currently playing: Glass Tiger - You're What I Look For
Currently colouring: Marvel Masterworks: CLASSIFIED!
Proudly in my third Cola free year!

No comments: